Obtaining a A & P license if you have civilian aircraft maintenance experience.

You will need a letter from the Airframe and Powerplant mechanic(s) that you have been working under. This letter should state, in detail, what aircraft and/or powerplants you have been working on, what tasks you have performed and how long you were doing these tasks. Remember, you may have multiple letters but they must total 30 months experience for both airframe and powerplant or 18 months for each.

The next step is to visit your local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) and present your aircraft experience documentation. The FAA will review your documentation and you will be required to fill two 8610-2 forms. You must have these forms with you when you arrive at our school.

See FAA FAR 65.77 for more details

We are happy to help.
Please call us if you have questions about obtaining your
A & P license with civilian aircraft maintenance experience.

For More Information Call
During normal business hours 0900-1800 EST.


list  Home

list  About
list  Hands-On-Training
list  Tuition
list  Our Guarantee
list  Contact
list  Military and Vets Veterans
list  Experience Requirements for Military
list  Veterans Information
list  Civilian Experience Requirements
list  Determine Your Eligibility
list  Obtaining FAA Approval
list  Registration
list  FAA Far65
list  Home Study Course
list  Detailed Course Info
list  Mission Statement